STO - Pre-Release Bonuses

A place for everyone to come and unwind. Feel free to post anything. Just remember to respect everyone and follow the Code of Conduct.

STO - Pre-Release Bonuses

Dutchboy
Advanced Member
Dutchboy
Advanced Member

22 Jan 2010, 01:11 #1

Which One To Get???

Total votes: 3
0(0%)
1(33%)
0(0%)
1(33%)
0(0%)
1(33%)
0(0%)
0(0%)
0(0%)

Amazon - Borg Bridge OfficerThe Borg Bridge Officer features a unique costume and three unique skills: Nano Probes, Efficiency and Borg Neural Blast | Head Start AccessGain early access to Star Trek Online, the weekend before launch! | Open Beta Access

Atari's Collector - 500 Cryptic PointsUsed to purchase a variety of things from the Cryptic Store like costume and characters enhancements, emblems and extra character slots. | Head Start AccessGain early access to Star Trek Online, the weekend before launch! | Open Beta AccessGuaranteed access to the Star Trek Online Open Beta, beginning January 12, 2010. | Deluxe PackagingFuturistic 3dX holography set in a high quality brushed aluminum finish. Heavy duty construction with magnetic closures and nested compartments for all components. | Communicator BadgeHigh quality cast metal design based on the in-game badge model. Fully 3d Sculpted with recessed burst and curved contours. | Deluxe ManualHigh end, hardbound, art book, manual, and disc case in a single, elegant package. “HD Printing” on over 40 glossy pages of exclusive art from the Star Trek Online Universe. | Guest PassesCredit card style buddy passes to invite three of your friends for a three-day trial of Star Trek Online. Codes can be transmitted digitally or physically. | Red Matter CapacitorA unique item that charges up and delivers extra energy to all of your ship’s equipment for a short time. A device that, when used, gives you a small bump in energy, has a long recharge. | The Next Generation UniformUniform options from The Next Generation television series. The timeless look worn by Picard, Data and Riker. | DS9 Uniform

Digital Deluxe Edition - 500 Cryptic PointsUsed to purchase a variety of things from the Cryptic Store like costume and characters enhancements, emblems and extra character slots. | TOS Uniform SetThree Uniforms from the original series (blue, red, yellow) | Joined TrillPlay as a Joined Trill. Joined Trill come with a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience. The "Joined" species trait grants you a bonus to five skills. | “KHAAAN!” EmoteAn unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk’s unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry… “KHAAAN!” | Klingon Blood Wine Toast EmoteRaise a glass like a Klingon! Greet and interact with other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture -the blood wine toast. | Unique Registry PrefixGive your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise and Prometheus. | Unique Ship Item: Automated Defense BatteryThis Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360-degree attack power with a short range. | Head Start AccessGain early access to Star Trek Online, the weekend before launch! | Open Beta Access

Best Buy - Tribble Pet | Head Start AccessGain early access to Star Trek Online, the weekend before launch! | Open Beta Access

Direct2Drive - Multi-Spatial Personal ShieldThis advanced personal shield system is based on Borg technology, which constantly regenerates itself and the health of its wearer. | Head Start AccessGain early access to Star Trek Online, the weekend before launch! | Open Beta Access

Gamestop - Constitution Class Starship | Head Start AccessGain early access to Star Trek Online, the weekend before launch! | Open Beta Access

Steam - Chromodynamic ArmorFeatures include:
6.1% Physical Resistance
6.1% Kinetic Resistance
2.6% Energy Resistance
+15% Critical Damage
+5% Critical Chance
+3% Energy Damage | Head Start AccessGain early access to Star Trek Online, the weekend before launch! | Open Beta Access

Target - The TR-116 Ground RifleRegular Shot: 19 Kinetic Damage, Sniper Shot: 128 Kinetic Damage with 66% Knockback | Head Start AccessGain early access to Star Trek Online, the weekend before launch! | Open Beta Access

Walmart - Additional Skill PointsExtra skill points to assign your Captain. | Head Start AccessGain early access to Star Trek Online, the weekend before launch! | Open Beta Access

Dutchboy
Advanced Member
Dutchboy
Advanced Member

22 Jan 2010, 01:13 #2

I'm in love with the collector's edition but not completely sure yet... so many look good... what's everyone doing???

The_Star_Treker
Advanced Member
The_Star_Treker
Advanced Member

22 Jan 2010, 01:31 #3

I already pre-ordered the collector's edition from Gamestop about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I might get the life-time subscription and definitely do the head start deal as well. I will ask them how I do the life-time subscription when I pick up Mass Effect 2 this upcoming Tuesday and it's actually when the open beta ends.

I recommend you check this page if you want a life-time subscription:

Exclusive Subscription Specials for STO

The regular subscription fee for STO is gonna be:

1-Month Recurring 14.99 USD & 16.49 CAD

3-Month Recurring 41.97 USD & 46.17 CAD

6-Month Recurring 77.94 USD & 85.73 CAD

Full List of the Regular Subscription Options

Here is are screenshots that I took of my Federation character, bridge officers, and starship from the Open Beta.

Lieutenant Michael Lucas

Miranda-Class Starship USS Wildcat NCC-92127

Lieutenant Michael Lucas and Ensign Kira Sheppard

Lieutenant Michael Lucas and Ensign Rebecca Channon

Lieutenant Michael Lucas and Ensign T'Lara

Ensign T'Lara

Lieutenant Michael Lucas and Ensign Nor Exar

"We are all explorers driven to know what's over the horizon, what's beyond our own shores... A final frontier begins in this hall. Let's explore it together." - Captain Jonathon Archer

"This is your destiny, son. You are going to touch the lives of so many people. Not just as a man, but as a symbol. You’re a symbol of peace. You’re a symbol of justice." - Jonathan Kent

Dutchboy
Advanced Member
Dutchboy
Advanced Member

22 Jan 2010, 04:08 #4

looks cool Treker... Yeah I'm thinking very hard about that lifetime subscription...

WarpCore
Advanced Member
WarpCore
Advanced Member

22 Jan 2010, 20:38 #5

Yeah me too... hmm decisions decisions :unsure:

Dutchboy
Advanced Member
Dutchboy
Advanced Member

24 Jan 2010, 18:30 #6

just got my pre-order Digital Deluxe Edition and will be ordering the lifetime Subscription sometime this week.... :D Hope to see everyone in game soon...

Anubite
Advanced Member
Anubite
Advanced Member

25 Jan 2010, 23:52 #7

yeap got mine done too but not very impressed with the game though.... plays bit like freelancer and the ground game is no more then a joke... but will see what they add. however looking at cryptics history no way in hell am i going to get life time... if it is going to be like swg and they will change it at every courner just to compet with other mmos then no thank you id rather play eve... however do oike the space combat although it is a wow clone adapted for space ... and would have thought there would be more officers then just 3...

What do you want?

Anubite
Advanced Member
Anubite
Advanced Member

26 Jan 2010, 00:41 #8

What do you want?

Anubite
Advanced Member
Anubite
Advanced Member

26 Jan 2010, 00:45 #9

ok the site i hosted it on is gay so cant really upload anything to here :( but if you can chek them links do so and you will see your god in STO!

What do you want?

Dutchboy
Advanced Member
Dutchboy
Advanced Member

26 Jan 2010, 03:09 #10

there you go... nice alien... :)

The_Star_Treker
Advanced Member
The_Star_Treker
Advanced Member

26 Jan 2010, 22:58 #11

Anubite @ Jan 25 2010, 07:52 PM wrote:yeap got mine done too but not very impressed with the game though.... plays bit like freelancer and the ground game is no more then a joke... but will see what they add. however looking at cryptics history no way in hell am i going to get life time... if it is going to be like swg and they will change it at every courner just to compet with other mmos then no thank you id rather play eve... however do oike the space combat although it is a wow clone adapted for space ... and would have thought there would be more officers then just 3...
I feel the same way. It's an okay game. You know the game won't be finish when it's release. It's still so buggy right now. Today is when the open beta ends at 6pm PST. Champions Online was the same when it was release. Cryptic doesn't really know how make a MMO or make a great game. I only wished that Bioware were the developers for Star Trek Online instead. Bioware never let me down with Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect, or Dragon Age: Origins and last night I just picked up Mass Effect 2. Oh man I don't know how put this in words how great and realistic Mass Effect 2 is so far but it will knock you out of your seat playing it and I really hate to say this but it just slaughters Star Trek Online to comparison as a best Sci-Fi RPG or MMO. Bioware is also developing Star Wars The Old Republic (the new Star Wars MMO that is coming out). Star Wars The Old Republic is gonna dominate all other MMOs including World of Warcraft. Star Trek Online won't have such of competition with Star Wars The Old Republic when it comes out. Honestly I believe Star Trek Online is gonna die before hand like Champions Online already has anyways. Cryptic is really a disappointment to me. I wasn't really happy when Cryptic took over Star Trek Online's development and totally changed it after Perpetual Entertainment fell under.

I think you all should consider reading this and I really agree with this guy and others. Honestly I'm really considering to just cancelling my pre-order for Star Trek Online and just wait for Star Wars The Old Republic and play that game with you guys instead. Cryptic just wants your money, they don't really care if the game is good or not which really ticks me off because I wanted this game to be great, mind blowing, knock you out of your seat, realistic, and be a kicking butt game. I just really hoping that Bioware will decide do a Star Trek RPG or MMO or both someday which I truly want. Bioware are like gods to me because all their games that I played are so awesome.

Star Trek Online Forums - Just cancelled my pre-order - Game not ready IMO

"We are all explorers driven to know what's over the horizon, what's beyond our own shores... A final frontier begins in this hall. Let's explore it together." - Captain Jonathon Archer

"This is your destiny, son. You are going to touch the lives of so many people. Not just as a man, but as a symbol. You’re a symbol of peace. You’re a symbol of justice." - Jonathan Kent

Anubite
Advanced Member
Anubite
Advanced Member

26 Jan 2010, 23:30 #12

ermm i think CCP teaming up with blizzard would be best sto ever made... ccp know how to make space games blizzard know how to polish them to perfection and have allot of experience and good ideas!!

What do you want?

Dutchboy
Advanced Member
Dutchboy
Advanced Member

27 Jan 2010, 00:27 #13

do whatever you feel is best guys... I seriously like the game and although I've only played for about an hour and was unable to pilot the ship due to the lack of a regular mouse (have to play on my laptop for the meantime) I still plan on getting the lifetime membership and hope to see many of my fg2 family in game....

I think this will be one of the last Star Trek as we know it games... seeing as the new movies is based on an entirely different time line and reality... I'm sure alot of the problems with the lack of content with the PVE will be remedied as the entire game is released...

I remember when the pre-release for Nightfall came out and you could only get so far and it wasn't even half of the PVE... And who knows what all missions they will add as the years continue...

Also if I know FG2... i know that we will evolve more into the PVP side of the game

Anubite
Advanced Member
Anubite
Advanced Member

27 Jan 2010, 00:34 #14

just food for thought and guys amp made an STO devision so maybe we shuld move the chat there!!
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=84175

What do you want?

The_Star_Treker
Advanced Member
The_Star_Treker
Advanced Member

27 Jan 2010, 01:07 #15

Are you serious? Blizzard, the makers of World of Warcraft and CCP, the makers of EVE? God no. I hate World of Warcraft and EVE is such as bad. I played WoW I didn't like it, way too boring. I can't stand it. EVE is the same way. Making STO totally like WoW and EVE? No thanks. Bioware is a heck better choice. Making STO like Mass Effect 2 and Star Wars The Old Republic which are so realistic, fully voice-over, story driven, kicking butt, and fun, heck yeah. People including will definitely buy it and play it if Bioware does it. Bioware are king of RPGs and will be the new king of MMOs after Star Wars The Old Republic is released!